Fisher Price is a name that all parents know and love. Known for their quality and exceptional designs, the company also makes one of the best dollhouses for young kids: the Fisher Price My First Dollhouse.
This is meant for younger kids and comes with everything – including dolls – to start having fun immediately. If you are looking for something for an older child, I would skip this review and look at something like the KidKraft Majestic Mansion reviewed here.
There is a lot to love about the Fisher Price My First Dollhouse, but let’s take a look at the specs and features before going into our in-depth review.
- 5 room home
- Removable accessories
- Entire 3-person figure family (including baby)
- 3 story and attic design
- Durable plastic
- Meant for ages 2+
- 6.5 pound weight
- Dimensions of 21” x 15” x 8”
For younger kids that can easily swallow small pieces or furniture, this is the perfect toddler dollhouse.
Fisher Price My First Dollhouse Review
A special kind of dollhouse. Hours of fun await any little girl or boy that wants to play house with their own imaginary friends – their dolls.
Adorable Family Included
You have the house and no dolls to go with it. This is the normal scenario when you buy a new dollhouse. However, Fisher Price has decided to do something just a little different. They have decided to provide not 1 but 3 dolls that your child can play with.
- 1 adult male
- 1 adult female
- 1 child
It is the perfect setup for any child.
These dolls are considered “chunky” so that they are just the right size for little hands. Unlike other dolls, the thicker size allows tiny children to grab the doll with ease and further helps the child enhance their finger dexterity.
Having an entire family of dolls will allow for a child’s imagination to run wild. One second, he or she could be the father going to work, or choose to be the baby which has found his way to the attic and needs saving from mom and dad.
Intuitive, Massive Layout
Small houses are boring. Instead, this is a 5-room home that has every fun room in the home available to play in.
- Kitchen: Pink and orange, the kitchen is the perfect place to make dinner. There is a stove and refrigerator to play with as well as chairs and a table. These are furniture pieces and accessories that come with the house for free. You can even sit your dolls on them while they eat.
- Living Room: Right next to the kitchen is a traditional living room where the adults can sit and relax.
- Bedroom: The parents have their own bedroom that is just right upstairs. This room is sparse with furniture, so you will need more furniture pieces to decorate it just right. There is also a balcony right off of the side.
- Bathroom: Equipped with a pink tub, yellow walls, orange sink and a toilet, the bathroom is right off of the main bedroom and is the perfect place to refresh before leaving the house.
- Nursery: The third floor of the home acts as a nursery, but it can also be transformed into an additional room with a little imagination. Having an opened rear panel, a lot of sun will shine into the nursery, filling it with life.
There is a patio off the side of the dollhouse, but there are no included accessories to fill the space. A barbeque, lounge chairs or a few additional furniture pieces will allow you to make the most out of this space.
The front of the home is equally as beautiful.
You can walk on the beautiful green grass, with flowers, to the large orange door with a nice awning. There is a doorbell for any guests that come by as well as windows and a beautiful white exterior. The roofing is pink except on the very top, sloped roof which is blue in color.
Vibrant colors are used throughout to spark a child’s imagination.
Simple and easy to store away, the Fisher Price dollhouse has the luxury of being big enough to offer several rooms but small enough to fit in the closet or storage room. Its compact design is perfect for younger kids that will outgrow this dollhouse over the years.
However, it is quite durable and made of plastic, so you can give it away when it is no longer used.
Fisher Price does offer additional furniture sets to go with this beautiful home. We highly recommend a few of these My First Dollhouse accessories, such as the big sister set that comes with:
- A sister doll
There is also the grandma set and a stroller set, which is a lot of fun. The ability to buy complete sets to expand your family is a feature that sets the Fisher Price My First Dollhouse apart from the competition. It allows you to extend the fun for a low price.
If you have more than one child, the additional sets will help make the experience magical.
All of the dolls have the ability to bend, so they can be seated on the furniture. Some of the items seem a little too small for the doll to sit properly, but with a little adjustments, the doll will sit right down without falling off of the furniture.
My First Dollhouse by Fisher Price creates a magical experience for kids that allows them to play with a dollhouse meant for the younger user accompanied with thicker dolls and larger parts that won’t be swallowed.
I recommend this model for any younger child 2 years of age up.